Archive » May 4, 2006
By MJ Staff
• Train to Become a Snowy Plover Docent, Sat., May 6th, 2006 from 9AM-1:30 PM. Training includes: Tour of Coal Oil Point Reserve 9-11 AM (open to the public, $10 donation suggested) and Snowy Plover Docent Training 11:30-1:30 PM. Please bring sack lunch To register, call Jen Stroh 805-880-1195 or email: email@example.com
• The Friendship Center, a non-profit day program serving the frail elderly in our community is in need of volunteers. If you enjoy working with people, entertaining, sharing stories and talents, or just want be in a place where you’ll get to know some great older people and make difference in their lives then give us a call. Auxiliary members are also needed to serve on various committees planning our annual Festival of Hearts event. Please contact Susan Jorgensen at 969-0859 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dog Adoption and Welfare Group (DAWG) is looking for volunteers! We are a no-kill, non-profit dog adoption agency with a variety of volunteer opportunities, like walking the dogs, grooming, special events, fundraising and much more! Contact email@example.com for more information. Visit us on-line at www.sbdawg.com
• K-9 PALS, K-9 Placement and Assistance League, Inc., needs volunteers to help with caring for the adoptable dogs at the County Animal Shelter and many more things! Foster homes are also needed. For more information visit www.k-9pals.org or call 681-4369.
• The Santa Barbara Museum of Art invites all art and people lovers to learn more about this rewarding opportunity to serve the community, expand your knowledge about art and enrich your life. No previous art background is required. For more information, attend our Orientation & Coffee on Friday, May 12, at 10:00 am. For additional details or to make a reservation for the Orientation & Coffee, contact Kristy Thomas at 884-6434 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• United Way of Santa Barbara County is looking for outstanding volunteers! Please be friendly, motivated and have the desire to work within our dynamic office environment. 1-2 days a week, 2 hours minimum per day. Please call Rosemarie Culpepper at (805) 965-8591 or email email@example.com for more information.
• UCSB Sedgwick Reserve is the setting for a series of monthly hikes and nature activities open to the public each fall and spring on the 6,000-acre UCSB Sedgwick Reserve. On the second Saturday morning each month, bring a hat, water, sunscreen, and hike snacks. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.; the hikes start promptly at 9:00 and finish about noon, hike. Due to hike group size limitations, reservations are required. Reservations can be made by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other questions, please contact Barbara at 805-686-1941.
• ASAP is looking for Volunteers on weekdays during school hours! You can help cats and kittens at your Santa Barbara County Animal Shelter. www.asapcats or training classes are from 9am to 11am on Saturdays by appointment. Please e-mail Kim Snyder: email@example.com or leave a message at: 681-4397
• .Center for Successful Aging is looking for senior volunteers (age 50+) to help other seniors with peer counseling. For information on volunteering, please phone (805)899-2915 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org– 524 Chapala Street, Santa Barbara.
• 2-1-1 seeks volunteers to become trained crisis, information, and referral specialists for the 211 Helpline, the health and human services hotline for Santa Barbara County. Training provided. Requires minimum 6 -12 months, 2-hour a week commitment. Call 805/965-1001 ext 224 for more information.
• The Canine Adoption & Rescue League is in need of foster homes for small to large puppies and dogs. Foster homes provide a loving home environment which helps ready the dog for adoption into permanent home. Food, medical care, training and support are provided by C.A.R.L. Please contact Carmelita at (805) 652-1001 or email email@example.com
• Easy Lift Transportation is seeking new drivers for its volunteer driving corps. Drivers are needed 4 hrs a week to transport frail ambulatory seniors. Create your own schedule! Volunteers drive easy lift’s sedan. Seniors encouraged to apply. Contact Rene t 681-1417 for more info.
• ALL FOR ANIMALS, Inc. a non-profit organization dedicated to increasing awareness about cruelty-free living and the importance of compassion to ALL animals, has an immediate need for a volunteer grantwriter. Call Karen Lee Stevens at 682-3160 for more information.
• Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Ty Warner Sea Center volunteer, you will help visitors discover the wonders of the Santa Barbara Channel. If you love the ocean and like working with people, please call Stacy at 962-2526x104. No experience is necessary
• Santa Barbara Meals on Wheels is in great need of volunteer drivers. Can you spare about two hours a week to deliver hot, nutritious meals, along with a friendly word and a smile, to our community’s homebound and elderly? Mileage reimbursement is available. Please call 683-1565 from 9am to 12 noon, weekdays.
• Garden Volunteers at Casa Del Herrero: Love to garden? Enjoy being outside? Mature volunteers will assist in regular garden maintenance. We promote organic gardening. A commitment of a minimum of 10 hrs a month is necessary. For for information or a volunteer application, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jean at 565-5653
• Cachuma Lake Nature Center needs you! Most urgent need is for volunteers to host the Nature Center on weekend days. Three hour shifts are scheduled per volunteer. Talk to visitors, work in the gift shop, meet new people, visit a beautiful place! Call 693-0691 or e-mail CLNATCTR@SBCEO.ORG.
• Caregiver Coalition of Santa Barbara needs volunteers for its "Family Care Partner Volunteer Support" program. Call 966-1933 to learn more.
• The Essential Image Source Foundation, in collaboration with Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary and Channel Islands National Park, is producing a new visitors’ center high definition film, “Jewels of the Pacific”. Volunteers are needed for web design, graphic arts, public relations, boat support, assistance at film screenings and fundraisers, and more. Please call (805)969-9010 or visit www.eisf.org
• Clowns Wanted—Any one interested in clowning for a non-profit organization. Help is available and will show you how to be a clown. It is lots of fun, helps many organizations and brings lots of happiness to all. Phone Clowntown 969-2382
• “Volunteering for Child Care” Can you consider giving some of your time to volunteer for the Santa Barbara Family Care Center which has been in operation for over 30 years, providing education, care and resources to children and their families. You can help by either becoming a Board of Director member, assisting with fundraising or developing a program video. Contact Diane Harmon, Executive Director at email@example.com or 805-963-6631.
• Caregiver Coalition of Santa Barbara needs volunteers for its "Sharing The Journey by Helping Family Caregivers in Their Own Homes" Mentor Program: Friendly visits, telephone reassurance, and emotional support Brief respite care (two hours, once a week). Volunteer support training is conducted on an ongoing basis. Information: Terra Trevor 966-1933
• The Friendship Center Adult Daycare is looking for volunteers who can assist with programs, share their experiences, hobbies, or talents, or play music, even on a one-tome basis. Please contact Eryn Eckert at 969-0859 for more information.
• Family Service Agency is looking for volunteers to help deliver birthday and holiday gifts for our Senior Program. Training will be provided. Flexible days & hours. A good driving record is required. Contact: Ruth Mesnik 965-1001 x 235
• Arroyo Hondo Preserve on the Gaviota Coast needs volunteers—Habitat Restoration :1st Sunday of each month from 9:30 to 12:30 and Trail Maintenance: 3rd Sunday of each month from 9:30 to 12:30. No experience nor equipment necessary. Call 567-1115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All comments are subject to review after submission. Please allow a slight delay before comments appear online!